School Council Meeting Tuesday 28th February 2017
Reading Survey Results
• Children need constant reminding what an author is and what an illustrator is.
• Children wanted more opportunities to read to someone because they did not have the opportunity at home
• They wanted more exposure to books
• They wanted a fun reading club to read and talk about books.
• Children liked hearing class stories.
• They liked the idea of reading champions to promote reading in each year group.
• We need to buy in more comics, info-graphic books, funny, adventure stories, series books, plays, ghost stories, poetry books, magazines, website reading
• We need to train children to be able to talk about authors using their correct names i.e. Roald Dahl. Children should be able to name at least 3 authors they enjoy.
• Every class to have reader of the week
Mrs Daine’s comments on Reading Corners
School Council’s next steps