Minutes from the School Council Friday 8th March 2019
School Council Members, Mrs Cooling
- Agenda – School Council discussed the following:
- School Council will be working on a new project in the spring term
- the new project - Better Energy School Awards;
- The Better Energy School Awards aim to assist and encourage environmental education for young people aged 5-11. They promote cross-curricular work on the environment and ANY work you are doing at your school covering any kind of environmental issue can be entered.
- School council has been focusing on saving the planet and will be creating a model to reflect this.
- the council members have been learning about how pollution and extinction of species are affecting places like the Atlantic Ocean and the African Savannah
- The children have also been walking around the school every enrichment day to monitor littering on school premises and garden area.