Supermarket vouchers for Easter school holiday to support families
I am writing to advise you that, if your child is eligible for benefits-related Free School Meals, then Ealing Council will be providing your household with additional financial support through the winter and spring months.
You will receive supermarket vouchers before the Easter school holiday to support you to meet food costs over the school holiday.
This is part of the Government’s COVID Winter Grant Scheme. Ealing Council has been allocated funding to support families with young children on low incomes who have been affected by the pandemic throughout the winter period and this has been extended to cover the Easter holiday.
A company called Blackhawk Network is administering the voucher scheme for Ealing Council at no cost to the council.
How much are the vouchers worth?
Easter voucher - £30 voucher per eligible pupil to cover the two-week Easter holiday.
Please note that children in Reception to Year 2 who receive a free school meal under the universal infant free school meals scheme (but would not otherwise be eligible) are not entitled to receive the vouchers. To be eligible, you must be entitled to a benefits-related free school meal due to your low family income.
How do I redeem the voucher?
1. Blackhawk Network will email you a 16-digit code. This will be sent to the email address your child’s school has on their records. Please keep an eye on your inbox and check your junk or spam folder. If we do not hold an email address for you, your code will be texted or posted to you.
2. When you have received your code, go to www.ealingcouncil.select-your-reward.co.uk
3. Type in your unique 16-digit code on the homepage and click ‘Redeem’
4. Make your selection and click ‘Checkout’
5. Enter a valid email address where your confirmation and voucher will be sent.
6. Review and accept the terms and conditions before placing your order.
7. Once you have placed your order, your voucher will be emailed to you within 24 hours.
8. You can use your voucher either online or in store
Where can I spend the voucher?
You can choose where you spend your voucher. The voucher can be used at the following retailers: Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrisons, Waitrose, M&S and Aldi. The voucher should be used to purchase food and should not be spent on non-essential items. Prices vary from one place to another so you might want to consider comparing prices for the items you need before deciding which supermarket to use.
If you have any questions, please refer to the frequently asked questions on the website as these may provide the answer that you need: Hawk Select | FAQs (select-your-reward.co.uk)
If you have not received a voucher code by 7th April 2021, please check your junk or spam mailbox folder.
Otherwise, please complete the online contact form at Hawk Select | Contact Us (select-your-reward.co.uk)
Please do not contact your school directly regarding your vouchers.
Other support available
In addition to the vouchers to support families through the school holidays, Ealing Council has topped up the Local Welfare Assistance fund with an additional £130,000 to help anyone facing financial hardship as a result of Coronavirus.
Anyone struggling to meet food costs, cover their rent or purchase essential items can apply for financial assistance. To find more information or to make an application go to: https://www.ealing.gov.uk/info/201264/help_for_residents/2687/help_with_your_money/2