Year 6 Police Talk
- Use an inexpensive phone for School
- Do not walk down the road with your phone in your hand
- When not in use keep your phone out of sight ( Bag or pocket)
- If you are robbed just hand over the phone and stay safe yourself
Phones are replaceable
Be Alert – Be Safe
- Do NOT look at your phone whilst walking – you might have an accident
- Do NOT have you ear phones on so loudly that you cannot hear danger.
- NEVER, EVER make , carry or share inappropriate or criminal images eg videos of fights, serious bullying, unsuitable images, pictures or videos of a sexual nature
- These crimes have victims – by making/sharing these even 10 yr. olds can be arrested.
- Sexting or inappropriate incidents of children under 18 is a crime.
- If you find yourself in trouble , tell a staff member – there are ways they can help you
Online & Social Media
- DO NOT allow anyone to bully you
- NEVER reply to a mean message
- NEVER answer calls from withheld numbers
- Where possible BLOCK the number/contact on social media and phone
- Keep the message as evidence and report it (eg Report Button), CEOP etc.
- NEVER send on a mean or inappropriate message/picture/video
- Do Not keep it to yourself or try to deal with it alone – it helps to talk.
- ALWAYS tell an adult who can help
The end of the school day
- When practical go home straight away
- Don’t hang around parks or other area’s
- Walk home with a friend ( Buddy up)
- Try to avoid isolated , dark or unsafe routes
- Consider buying a personal alarm
- Any problems make your way back to school or inform an adult.
- Walk home if you can. ( Buses are very busy after school)
- On buses it’s safer to sit down stairs
- Speak with the driver if there is a problem
- Any incidents please report it to the Police that day ; Buses have CCTV
- Try not to use your phone on the bus ( Keep it out of site)
- Don’t play your music too loud that you cannot hear around you.