Nut Free Zone
Tudor Primary School are a Nut aware school:
Parents and carers must notify staff if their child has any known or suspected allergy to nuts and provide all medical and necessary information. This will be added to your child’s care plan and if necessary, a meeting organised with the school nurse.
An allergic reaction to nuts can cause a serious illness and can even be fatal.
Several pupils at our school have nut allergies and we must all make sure that they are kept safe from nuts.
Cashew nuts (kaju)
Tudor Primary School is a Nut Aware school
We aim to protect those children who have nut allergies and to educate all pupils to be responsible with regards to nut allergies as they grow up.
It is school policy that:
- Children should never bring nuts, nut products or treats containing nuts into school.
- Lunch boxes should always reflect our Whole School Food Policy.
- Birthday sweets are not allowed.
This means that the following items should NOT be brought into school:
- Foods including nuts eg Bombay Mix, Nut Brittle etc
- Nut products including spreads eg Nutella, Hazelnut spread, Peanut Butter
- Chocolate spreads etc
- Fruit and cereal bars that contain nuts
- Chocolate bars or sweets that contain nuts
- Sesame seed rolls (children allergic to nuts may also have a severe reaction to sesame)
- Cakes made with nuts
- Any home cooked meals for packed lunches that are made from nuts
We have a policy not to use nuts in any of our food prepared on site at our school. Our
suppliers provide us with nut-free products. However, we cannot guarantee freedom from nut traces.
We cannot give out any food items as gifts for birthdays.
Homemade snacks or party food contributions must have a label detailing ingredients
and must be nut free. If you are unsure about a selection, please speak to a staff member before bringing the food item into school.
Our School Council would like to remind parents and children that it is important to
have a healthy packed lunch each day. SMSA have been trained to monitor packed
Our “Whole School Food Policy” states the following for the packed lunches and
shouldn’t include these:
- Sweets including eg Winders and chocolate
- Crisps or any savoury snacks high in salt and fat
- Fizzy drinks/sugary drinks
- Sweet cakes, e.g. sugary cakes, doughnuts
All children are regularly reminded about the good hygiene practice of washing hands
before and after eating which helps to reduce the risk of secondary contamination.
Likewise, children are reminded and carefully supervised to minimise the act of food
sharing with their friends.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation in helping keep every child