School Dinners or Packed Lunch
Universal Free School Meals (UFSM)
From September 2023 the Government will introduce the Universal free school meals initiative for all Primary School children; 2023 - 2024 academic year. This means all primary school children will receive a free school lunch. At Tudor Primary School we use ISS Catering .
Menus are available from the school website, these menus change every term.
You do not have to take up this option and can provide your child with a packed lunch, however please note the school has to pay for any uneaten meals so it is important for parents to let the school know that your child will not be having a hot meal so we can keep waste and costs to a minimum.
Free milk is available for all children aged under five in school, funded by the UK government. In our school, this milk is provided by Cool Milk, the UK’s leading school milk supplier. We will register your child for their free school milk on your behalf by providing Cool Milk with your child’s name and date of birth.
Free School Meal eligibility criteria
In accordance with the Social security Act 1986, a pupil or parents must be in receipt of one or more of the following benefits to be eligible for free school meals;
- Income Support (IS)
- Jobseekers Allowance Income based (JSAIB)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA)
- Child Tax Credit; provided that you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household income that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on paid for 4 weeks after qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit household net annual earned income must not exceed £7,400
Please ask for an application form at the school office OR alternatively download and print the form. After completing the form, bring to the school office.
Our office staff is happy to help you complete the form and explain any queries you may have.